Maelbolgia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobius Ages Event Thread

3 posters

Go down

Mobius Ages Event Thread Empty Mobius Ages Event Thread

Post  Powerslave Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 am

Hi folks! Something occurred to me last night after this event went live and since we have this excellent means of communication I thought I would share it.

Math isn't exactly my forte. So I have not done the math but I am trying to determine if it is best to run this event with a full formation or if we should try the one monster trick. The point is to get the most out of your Battle Points as possible. The event only lets you use a pre-determined percentage of battle points. I cannot stand wasting points of any kind so I think with a lower BP formation you might get more bang for your percentage choice than with a full group. I'm curious what you guys think.

Have fun!

Last edited by Powerslave on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Mobius Ages Event Thread Empty Re: Mobius Ages Event Thread

Post  Powerslave Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Also, I've realized that the level of the boss is dependent upon the age you are in. If you're in the first age and pull up to level 4 bosses and then time warp to the next age, the next boss you pull will be level 1 again. So it seems what we really want, overall, is to drop these bosses ASAP (meaning we need to help one another) in order to have a shot at pulling the higher level bosses before we time warp again.

It is far better to get 1 void summon than it is to use 100 battle points only to see the boss "get away."

As I mentioned in Clan chat, the rules say you have a greater chance of getting an AA from the void summons if the raid boss is level 20 or greater. The highest I've seen so far was a level 11 (of which my void summon gave me a common skilled B lol).

Last edited by Powerslave on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm

I have been running numbers and trying to figure out what the formula is to determine your "estimated attack power" is, but it completely eludes me. If no one else has figured it out, I might have my wife look at it (she has a Master's degree in Mathematics) but she doesn't like most of the games I play. I can't be 100% certain she'll help. Wink

It's tricky trying to figure out if I get more out of my 10 BP Great Horned Warrior (he's level 40-something from the 15 BP tournament) than I do from individual primary formation creatures (who have comparable stats but higher BP). That's individual creatures. I'm not sure if using multiple creatures provides a better BP to EAP (estimated attack power) than using individual creatures. As I've said, math is not my greatest strength.

Last edited by Powerslave on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:00 pm

In response to your issue about maximizing BP to ATK ratio, two things to consider quickly are, first, the actual BP to stat ratio. You can look this up for a certain number of monsters on the wiki. For instance, Elite Dragonborn+ is 20 BP with a stat sum of 17546 at level 70 (of course) which ends up being 1:877 ratio. Another monster, the Plague Dragon+ is 25 BP and 19716 which equals a 1:789 ratio. There you can see that between those two, the Dragonborn is clearly better. HOWEVER, in this event, ATK power is the only useful stat, so you need to focus on the ATK to BP ratio specifically. Elite Dragonborn+ is 20 BP for 6792 ATK, so 1:340. Plague Dragon+ is 25 BP for 6996 ATK, so 1:280. Here, it is clear that the Elite Dragonborn+ wins. However, the difference between the two is minimal, let's look at something that has half the BP of the Dragonborn. Lord of Void+ is 10 BP for 5112 ATK at level 70, so it is 1:511 for attack. That means for 2 attacks from the Lord of Void, you could theoretically do 10,224 damage whereas the Elite Dragonborn could only do one attack for 6792. This is purely theoretical though because the Raid boss has a defense stat that will lower damage taken. That is something we can't predict though because it isn't shown to us.

Murdertron
Admin

https://maelbolgia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:34 pm

That is a great point and something I had not fully realized yet in regards to monsters in general. However, I've found the event handles "estimated attack power" differently. For instance, if you pull up an event boss and then change your formation to a single creature and then go back to the raid boss, you'll note the EAP does not equal your creature's attack power. I tried different things like averaging all the stats, averaging 2 of three stats, comparing creatures of similar attack power but drastically different levels or rank but cannot arrive at the EAP given during the event boss fights.

Of course, all of this over-analyzing the system is possibly moot since you pointed out the unknown variable the bosses's ???? defense presents. Of course, that number increases to some unknown degree depending on the level of the event boss. A mid level C+ can finish off a level 1 or 2 event boss with low HP, but might barely scratch an event boss of higher level.

Still, it would be nice to know how the game determines EAP during the event boss fights in order to make better educated guesses.

I am starting to calm down realizing I'm likely over thinking this whole thing. Wink

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Well, depending on how far you are in the game, you get bonuses to monster stats that aren't reflected on the monster's card, but rather in your formation window. For example, after collecting 140 covert monsters, all my monsters get a static 5.5% boost to all stats or something like that (go to collections, then the achievement tab to see your progress and rewards). That bonus doesn't get seen in the monster cards, only when you look at your formation stats in the formation window. It also computes possible skills, like my leader has Increase Party Attack (5) which increases my groups attack by 9%. Also, it's good to mention that any other formation bonuses count as well, like the extra 10% from all green monsters (for me, purple or red for whatever guild you're in) and the 10% rarity bonus too. So actually, since you can attack with as low as 20% of your BP, using a full formation with bonuses will be greater than only using one monster under any circumstances. I didn't think of that earlier. If I take one monster out of my formation for instance, I lose 10,000 ATK out of 31,000 because I lose a 20% bonus by not having my full formation intact.

Murdertron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Hah! I forgot all about achievement bonuses. I know about the combo bonuses, of course, but didn't take those into account either. It should've been obvious. LOL

Thank you!

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm thinking we should wait until we all get our second "watch" from the Stamps and then coordinate an event on the last day so most of us (or as many as possible) will be online. That way, we can use our BP and help one another on the day/time frame where we're likely to be pulling the most higher level bosses.

I can be available most days and times... not all, but most. Let me know if you guys are interested.

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  PlayerOne Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 pm

I am interested on that idea because I know its too hard to beat the raid bosses without using money to get BP portions and the progression monsters on the higher level raid bosses.
PlayerOne
PlayerOne

Location : I live in a house, on the planet earth in the Milky Way Galaxy ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:08 pm

PlayerOne wrote:I am interested on that idea because I know its too hard to beat the raid bosses without using money to get BP portions and the progression monsters on the higher level raid bosses.

Okay. It's a little tricky to schedule because of varying time frames for playing and depending on whether or not we have Battle Potions available. I still have about 25 Battle Potions. I think we are best off having us logging on at least once an hour (maybe half an hour) to knock out the first 5-8 levels or so. That seems to be when I'd spend the most Battle Potions if I'm trying to rush through the low level ones. That's the worst part. Once we get through the easier ones, it's easier to stabilize the time frames because we'll only have 2 hours to knock them down. I can get one reasonably big hit an hour (60-80%) without using potions. Of course, we rely on each other to get em down the rest of the way. I'm fairly certain those 25 Battle Potions are going to go very quickly. I'd prefer to save them for the last 10-15 minutes of a fight just to be certain others have a chance to get their 10% damage (so they can get a summon) without letting the boss escape.

Since the summons aren't time specific, I think I will pound through the next set of missions to get a time warp and be ready to start with a fresh board. I'll use a timepiece and start pulling up bosses. Unless someone helps (I highly recommend not using potions yet) it should take a couple of hours to get to where the bosses get real hard. After that, it'll be knock em down as soon as we can (hopefully without using potions) until we hit 13-15. That's when we may have trouble if we don't have a lot of people logging in. Also, once we hit this level I'll be more willing to use battle potions myself to make sure we at least down the boss.

Perhaps it would be best to figure out a day or two where we can be sure to log in periodically than set blocks of hours.

Of course, I also want others to be able to pull some bosses so they get their automatic summon for finding the boss. I just think it's best if we work with our timepieces one at a time so we can concentrate our battle points on one hard boss rather than a couple easier ones. Also, for anyone else reading this, if you don't pull the boss it's imperative you cause at least 10% damage to the boss to qualify for a summon.

I am good for much of this week. Tuesday, after about 1pm EST would be best for me to start. I should be able to log in at least once an hour until I go to sleep (which has been around 1-3am EST). The good news is, it doesn't take long to log in, hit the boss, and log out.

Anyway, let me know when is good for you and we can work that out. We may not get anything and I hate the idea of losing all my potions for nothing, but hey... you can't win if you don't play LOL!

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  PlayerOne Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:36 pm

okay well we got to spread the word around our clan and find times so we can attack. Tomorrow I have all day to be free so tell me a time( I live on the west coast of the US so pacific time zone) but the other days I can be on at 4 pm to 6 pm pacific time because I have school and need to make time to do Homework. I honestly have no BP portions because I don't like paying money to an already free game. Just keep me and who ever else that is going to help in the loop.
PlayerOne
PlayerOne

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Well, my son did it tonight with his clan and I had the privilege of watching most of it. The whole thing, from a fresh time warp until the end took about 4 - 5 hours. We were hanging out and watched a movie so he wasn't constantly spamming for a new raid. He pretty much checked every half an hour to an hour to see if the boss was dead after his initial attacks. It went smoothly but they had about 6 guys consistently on the bosses. He had 3 level 20s pop before his next time warp. I don't know if it matters, but he was in the 7 Energy / 7 Exp range for the missions.

Anyway, 4 somewhat rare cards out of the run which is a big deal since so many formerly rareish cards are now common with this event. He asked his clan to post any rare cards they got so we could compare notes. The big score is an AA of course, but he felt it wasn't really worth it. I'm sure he'd feel differently if the AA popped. Wink

I'm running off My Battle Potions and a few tradable ones. I know my son has some and he said he's not planning to run for 20s again. I'll see if I can get you a couple from him. I think I'll give it a go tomorrow, then. It's Labor Day but we don't have anything planned. I should be able to log in game often enough to give it a solid run. IF you do help out, try to save any BP until near 20. The level 20 ones have 100,000 health and seem to defend quite well.

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  PlayerOne Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:21 am

Alright sir, thanks and sounds like a plan Very Happy
PlayerOne
PlayerOne

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:50 am

Maximum Raid Boss level is now 30! Also, I burned all my BP potions getting up to lvl 20 bosses already so now I'm just fudged lol. But I'll be on all day throughout the day. I pretty much check in every hour or so when my BP is recharged. I only have 137 total. So 137 x 48 seconds is... 6576 seconds, 6576/60 = 109 minutes. Jeez, well anyways, my team only costs 83 BP to run a full attack so that's 66 minutes. I just started a fresh time warp, I'm on week 3. Each week the raid bosses start at a higher level I believe, because on week 2, my bosses started at level 6. So, I'm hoping they start at 12 on week three.

Murdertron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:43 pm

That's good to know. But oddly I haven't seen the week number change at all. It's still week 1 on my son's also and he's clearly had a few time warps. Maybe it's a bug or just an oversight. Or, I guess I could need to just run the missions hard until it starts to change. That would be ideal, though. It'd disheartening to blow through half of your missions to get to level 10 lol.

It's alright. I think I'll try running Powerslave through as many missions as possible today and then set up to use my timepieces tomorrow (Tuesday). Maybe I can get a higher start than my son did. He ran three last night and they were all level 20. I guess they raised the cap.

One thing I am finding is it's almost not worth getting hardcore into events until the last couple of days. It seems they always do something to make it better, fix bugs, add extras and such. It's good marketing and I suppose that's how A-Team can claim to make 1mil a month from Dark Summoner.

I am so in the wrong line of work. Wink

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 pm

I know right? I totally had the same revelation last night after reading how they are extending the maximum level of the raid bosses, which, in turn, increases the rarity of the cards summoned from them. Anyways, you have to warp from Past, Current, Near-Future, Future and then you go back to Past on the second week. I am now currently on week 3 and I'm waiting to even start it at all till I have more resources. When I do, I'll let you know what level the raid boss starts at!

Murdertron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Wow.. yeah I know I didn't run them that far. I keep not wanting to waste raid bosses, even the lower ones, by running missions with a raid boss up. Silly me. Wink

I think it might be in my best interest to send you my timepieces and let you start them up. I know you'll get one more (Tuesday, I think), but if you have a fresh time warp and are pulling mid level bosses to start with, I might be better off just letting you pull them and trying to be sure I get my 10% in. LOL

Edit: WE would be better off. None of us really benefit from <20 level bosses. lol

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I mean attempting some synergy by making it so lots of people can get their ten percent off of high level raid bosses. Also, I didn't waste any raid bosses getting there, I burned about 29 BP potions killing them all lol! Now I'm out! I had saved ALL the BP potions, both tradeable and non-tradeable, since I began the game since I never battled. I only spent $2.99 on this event to get 3 timepieces to try em out... BEFORE I found out the initial level goes up, hurr durr. Lol, anyways, I'm saving up for sure now. This event goes for quite awhile longer. We have time to let the levels get up high. I also bet that ATeam knew from the very start they were gonna raise the level to 30, sneaky bastards. I wish I could afford to blow a couple hundred a month on a game!

Murdertron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 pm

OKIE DOKIE... So, fresh start, literally no missions done in Week 3 of a new Past Era and first Raid Boss is level 20! So... Yeah... Lol! Was not expecting that!

Murdertron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Wow! That is great to know (week 3, first boss). Good deal. I also didn't check the dates on the event. I assumed they'd all end in a week. LOL. Oh, any time you see a game developer say, "We listened to your feedback," means they knew they'd do it all along from my experience. Well, at least in regards to marketing. Wink

Yeah, I saved all my BP as well. Even though I Battle it still never seemed necessary to spend BP on a battle when I could wait an hour and do it again. I've blown through a few, but as you know, I still have plenty.

What's killing me is seeing people selling BP for 3 per 1 EP when, for this event BP is far more important. Silly video gamers and their denial of supply and demand. I actually saw someone trying to buy 2 timepieces for 1 EP. I guess he (or he's hoping others) don't know if you have a timepiece when the event ends it turns into 1 My Energy Potion. I kinda feel like trying to do that and keeping them just to get 2 MyEP for 1 EP. LOL

I'd sell a timepiece for 3 EP minimum. Just like, while the event is going, I'd only sell 1 BP for 2 EP. But you know... logic and supply and demand don't mix with video gamers. Any time in an MMO will tell you that. Twisted Evil

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah, well, you have to wade through too many non-adults who don't have to pay for their own survival. Yeah, MMOs are a poster child for broken economic pillars. The main factor that people don't equate into their economic paradigms is the time they have invested. A player will think to themselves, "Oh, that's totally worth 10k gold because I want it and the gold isn't real." Forgetting completely that the time they spent on getting that gold is ALL too real.

Murdertron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Too rich for my blood. I just watched my son's clan down a level 25. Two of the six people reported putting in 8 and 12 battle potions into it and the first got a B and a B+. My son got a B and a Slaughter Bee Queen. Absolutely nothing they couldn't have gotten off a level 1 boss.

Sorry guys, but with my experience earlier it's not worth the frustration or the Battle Potions to get things I could get off a regular old daily summon.

I'll fight if one is up but I'm not going to waste any more resources on them. If you'll use it, I'll send you today's timepiece Murder. Otherwise, I'll keep it for the My Energy Potion.

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Murdertron Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Keep it man, I'm totally on the same page as you right now. I helped with a level 24 today and I got a B, and between all the bosses I helped with (4) I got 3 B's and a common A. Not interested in spending cash on this event.

Murdertron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerslave Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Murdertron wrote:Keep it man, I'm totally on the same page as you right now. I helped with a level 24 today and I got a B, and between all the bosses I helped with (4) I got 3 B's and a common A. Not interested in spending cash on this event.

Right on. I mean, I never expected an AA. I know the one I got off a dark summon was a fluke. However, I expected the rewards to become better overall as the levels increased. I can't imagine why they think anyone would be satisfied with a B or B+ on a level >20. I'm sure that's the point and they expect people to keep gambling by throwing hundreds at the event, but I mean... wow. LOL! I get better odds in Vegas. Wink

Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum